What Is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
When car shopping for a used vehicle around St. Charles, the mileage is important. Not long ago, it was a fairly common rule to not purchase a used vehicle with over 100,000 miles. Though that’s still a good rule of thumb, a car with that mileage today can usually still perform depending on the maintenance and repair history. Several factors can influence your used car-buying process, including usage, condition, and location. So, what is good mileage on a car that’s used? Learn more at Suntrup Automotive Group.
Find Out Good Mileage for a Used Car
To find out what good mileage is on a car that’s used, it’s important to consider several different factors that can impact the quality of the vehicle beyond the mileage alone. When considering your next used car from Suntrup Automotive Group, keep these important factors about mileage in mind:
- Use – How the car is driven matters. 60,000 miles on the highway is less wear on the car than 60,000 miles of stop-and-go traffic around St. Louis. Make sure to view the previous owner’s driving history.
- Location – Where the car was before you buy it can affect the car as well. A car in a colder, more wet climate can be more stressful than a car from a drier, warmer climate.
- Condition – Make sure a certified technician examines the car for upcoming repair needs like engine issues or rust problems. Factor this into your budget.
- Maintenance – Check the maintenance history to make sure the vehicle has been properly cared for. Ask if it received all of its tire rotations and oil changes at the proper intervals. If the history report is a little spotty, that can be an indication of more problems down the line.
Explore our used Lincoln inventory at Suntrup Automotive Group or any of our pre-owned models to experience all of the benefits of a used vehicle.
Age vs. Mileage
Common sense may tell you that a high-mileage vehicle is always worse than a low-mileage vehicle, but this isn’t set in stone. When shopping for a used car, keep these tips in mind as well:
- Low-mileage cars will sometimes have premiums associated with them.
- Cars with less drive time can have potentially higher repair costs. Infrequent use has a chance to cause cracks in rubber seals and even drivetrain issues.
- Always favor a used car with a well-documented maintenance history over one that either has no history report, or has a poor one.
What is good mileage for a car that’s pre-owned? Mileage plays a role in the quality of a car, but it’s certainly not the only thing to consider. Depending on other factors, a newer car that has higher mileage compared to an older car with low mileage is not necessarily a bad value. If you’re looking for the best of both worlds on mileage and age, then consider a certified pre-owned model from Suntrup Automotive Group.
Find Used Cars Near Fenton Today
Mileage is important when considering a used car, but it’s not the only factor. Remember to consider vehicle quality and maintenance history. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. Our team will help answer all your questions and get you into the model you want for a price you’ll love. Whether you want a coupe or sedan, or even something larger, we can find you the perfect car.
More From Suntrup Automotive Group
Best Credit Score to Finance a Car
When you have bad credit, the car finance process may seem intimidating. While most guides are written for those with great credit, the team at Suntrup Automotive Group can work with you – even if your credit score is less than ideal. What’s the best credit score to finance a car? Find out what lenders are looking…
2019 Fall Festivals in St. Louis
St. Louis is a great place to live at any time of year, but there’s no way to deny that fall is one of the most seasons for folks who live nearby. In truth, there are so many exciting fall events around St. Louis, that it can be hard to choose just one or pick…
Summer Events in St. Louis: Your 2019 Guide
Have you been looking for the best summer events in St. Louis? You don’t have to play a guessing game in order to plan your next vacation or day out. Locals and visitors alike have trusted Suntrup Automotive Group to show them to the best local restaurants and springtime attractions, and now, we’re bringing you the best…
0 comment(s) so far on What Is Good Mileage on a Used Car?