Coupe vs. Sedan: What’s the Difference?
Most car buyers in St. Charles might assume the answer to this question is that coupes have two doors, while sedans have four doors. This is one notable difference between the two, but there are other factors that separate these two vehicle styles. Deep dive into the coupe vs. sedan differences at Suntrup Automotive Group.
Difference Between Coupe and Sedan
A few main points that make coupes and sedans distinct styles include:
- Door Count: As mentioned, the most noticeable difference between a coupe vs. sedan is the number of doors. Coupes come with two doors and sedans come with four doors.
- Exterior Style: Move past the doors and St. Peters car buyers will find other style cues that differentiate a coupe from a sedan. Due to their shorter stature, coupes come with longer doors and longer rear windows, providing an overall sportier look. Sedans, on the other hand, tend to emphasize luxury styling, and the shorter doors provide a balanced side profile.
- Performance: Because coupes are a smaller size and lighter weight, these vehicles tend to provide a sportier performance. Sedans often compensate for their larger weight and size with additional engine options and suspension upgrades.
- Interior Size: Most sedans offer seating for five, ample head and leg room, and more space for rear passengers than coupes. The space available for rear passengers is typically smaller for a couple and can usually only seat two.
- Cargo Space: Sedans naturally have more cargo space as they are longer by design. If cargo space is a priority for you then a coupe may not be the way to go.
Sedan vs. Coupe: Which is for Me?
If you have a larger family, more frequent passengers, or need additional cargo space sedans like a Nissan Altima are a better fit. If space isn’t as much of a concern and you prefer sportier handling, then a Ford Mustang coupe may be the vehicle for you. Make sure you look at the features across both models so you know you are getting what you need.
See the Coupe vs. Sedan Difference at Suntrup Automotive Group
Are you ready to find an affordable new, used, or Certified Pre-Owned sedan or coupe? We have a large selection of popular makes and models to choose from at Suntrup Automotive Group, including plenty of options with new features like paddle shifters! Browse our inventory online and then make the drive to St. Louis to try our your favorites in person! Wondering what spring events are coming up? We can help with that, too. Contact us today to learn more.
More From Suntrup Automotive Group
St. Louis is a great place to live at any time of year, but there’s no way to deny that fall is one of the most seasons for folks who live nearby. In truth, there are so many exciting fall events around St. Louis, that it can be hard to choose just one or pick…
Have you been looking for the best summer events in St. Louis? You don’t have to play a guessing game in order to plan your next vacation or day out. Locals and visitors alike have trusted Suntrup Automotive Group to show them to the best local restaurants and springtime attractions, and now, we’re bringing you the best…
Once you buy a vehicle, you have to start taking care of it. This includes staying on top of basic vehicle maintenance and having your new or used car serviced when necessary. The Suntrup Automotive Group has several service centers in the greater St. Louis area. Offering detailed service on several makes and models, you’ll…